7. The biological chemical___________ does not contain nitro-
8. Which of the following describes this reaction: amino acid A +
amino acid B ^ dipeptide AB?
Use this figure for questions 9-10.
9. The figure shows an___________ reaction.
a. enzyme-catalyzed synthesis
b. enzyme-catalyzed exchange
c. enzyme-catalyzed hydrolysis
d. enzyme-catalyzed reversible
10. The figure shows a ___________ molecule.
b. nucleic acid
11. The pH values of substances A, B, C, and D are 5.7, 3.2, 8.7,
and 7.4, respectively. Which of the following is the correct
order from most acidic to most basic?
a. A, B, C, D
b. C, D, A, B
c. B, A, D, C
d. D, C, B, A
For the substances A and C in question 11, which of the fol-
lowing statements is true?
a. A is an acid and has a hydrogen ion concentration that is 3
times higher than that of C.
b. C is a base and has a hydrogen ion concentration that is 3
times lower than that of A.
c. A is an acid and has a hydrogen ion concentration that is
1000 times higher than that of C.
d. C is a base and has a hydrogen ion concentration that is
1000 times higher than that of A.
Use this figure for questions 13-15.
13. In the figure shown,___________ bonds hold the nucleo-
d. polar covalent
14. The figure shows___________ molecules.
15. The molecules shown___________ .
a. store energy
b. code information for proteins
c. provide structural support for cells and tissues
d. code information for carbohydrates
Review your Chapter Planner on the chapter opener and
check off your completed work.