A patient has carpal tunnel syndrome. This patient is hurting in
The system shown in the figure__________.
a. distributes oxygen and nutrients to body tissues and re-
moves carbon dioxide and wastes
b. chemically coordinates various body functions
c. breaks down food, absorbs nutrients, and excretes solid
d. controls the ionic composition of the blood and removes
11. In the temperature control feedback system, the skin's sweat
glands act as the___________ .
b. control center
c. controlled condition
12. The ___________ is responsible for rapidly sensing and
processing information, communicating, and coordinating
a. nervous system
b. endocrine system
c. lymphatic system
d. integumentary system
13. ___________ is not a negative feedback system.
a. Blood glucose regulation
c. Temperature regulation
d. Blood pressure regulation
14. The ___________ would be found in the abdominopelvic
15. The ___________ system is affected by sunburn.
The __________plane is indicated in
the figure at right.
Review your Chapter Planner on the chapter opener and
check off your completed work.