induces labor if injected into a pregnant woman.
gives rise to three germ layers in the embryo.
phase of the male sexual response is associated
Use this figure to answer questions 8-10.
8. In which of the labeled organs do sperm mature?
9. The organ labeled B produces
11. Which of the following events releases a hormone that res-
cues the corpus luteum?
12. Which of the following is part of a positive feedback mecha-
a. testosterone secretion
b. milk ejection
c. secretion of estrogens
d. inhibin secretion
Use this figure to answer questions 13-15.
In which of the labeled stages would you find a blastocyst?
14. The cells pictured in part C
are most likely
15. In which labeled event do you find a zygote?
Wave-like contractions propel the sperm through
Review your Chapter Planner on the chapter opener and
check off your completed work.