(Check your answers in Appendix C.)
Which organ produces formed elements?
b. red bone marrow
Use this figure to answer questions 2-4.
Which of the labeled cells is an agranular white blood cell?
3. Which of the labeled cells is an eosinophil?
4. Which of the formed elements labeled is involved in hemosta-
5. A patient has a lung disease in which oxygen delivery to the
tissues is low. Which formed element would be elevated in
response to this condition?
d. red blood cell
6. Clotting factors activate which of the following?
Which of the following tests would you use to diagnose an
a. reticulocyte count
b. differential WBC
d. blood typing
Bilirubin is a by-product from the breakdown of which sub-
Use this figure to answer questions 9-10.
What is the blood type of the sample shown in this figure?
10. Which blood type would be the
b e s t
recipient of the donor
whose test results are shown?
11. A multi-lobed nucleus is characteristic of which formed ele-
b. agranular white blood cell
granular white blood cell
red blood cell
What blood protein transports iron freely through the blood?
306 CHAPTER 10
The Cardiovascular System: Blood