5. Which of the following is not true of smooth muscle tissue?
a. It can maintain steady contractions for a long time.
b. Contractions are involuntary.
c. It has multiple nuclei.
d. It is found in the walls of all hollow organs.
6. The biceps brachii muscle helps to flex the elbow. The end of
this muscle that attaches to the humerus is called the______
7. What is the largest skeletal muscle fiber?
a. slow oxidative fiber
b. fast glycolytic fiber
c. slow glycolytic fiber
d. fast oxidative-glycolytic fiber
Use this figure to answer questions 8-10.
Use this figure to answer
The cells in the figure regulate
contraction by placing a
phosphate group on______ .
Where would you find the arrangement of muscle fibers
shown in this figure?
a. biceps muscle
c. bronchial airway
d. urinary bladder
The____ stabilizes the insertion point of a skeletal
a. agonist muscle
b. antagonist muscle
8. In which labeled structure would you find actin?
9. Which structure contains the Z-disc?
10. Which label represents the A-band?
14. The______ assists in breathing.
b. latissimus dorsi
c. external intercostal
d. extensor digitorum
15. The______ has white fibers.
Review your Chapter Planner on the chapter opener and
check off your completed work.