Use this figure for questions 9-10.
9. The burn shown in this photo involves the______ .
a. epidermis, dermis, and hypodermis
b. epidermis only
c. epidermis and dermis
d. dermis and hypodermis
10. What is the classification of the burn shown here?
11. Which of the following cells are most important in forming
b. Langerhans cell
Use this figure for question 12.
12. Fingernail cells arise from which portion of the nail?
13. Which portion of the hair is involved in the “goose bumps"
response to cold?
c. arrector pili
14. Which of the following nerve endings are found in the reticu-
lar region of the dermis?
a. Meissner corpuscles
b. Pacinian corpuscles
c. Merkel cells
Use this figure for
The structure shown is made of
b. Langerhans cells
c. lamellar granules
Review your Chapter Planner on the chapter opener and
check off your completed work.